Becoming a great blues guitarist begins with rhythm guitar. And the beauty of the single note Boogie Woogie style is that it shows up in many places and many styles of music…not just traditional blues! Led Zeppelin, the Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Dwight Yoakam, Roy Orbison and countless others have used these single note lines as the foundational hook to their songs. If you want to understand the brilliant guitar playing of Stevie Ray Vaughan, John Mayer, Jimi Hendrix, Billy Gibbons, Joe Perry, Jimmy Page, Robben Ford, Pete Anderson, John Lee Hooker and MANY others, you have to start with rhythm. So, let’s get started!!
IN THIS COURSE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to play 6 different blues riffs, in multiple keys
- Consistent right hand technique
- How to transition more smoothly between strings & positions on the guitar neck
- 1 4 5 chords in different keys
- 12 Bar Blues forms & variations
- Ear Training
- Using major & minor thirds
- Strategic fingerings & approaches to recognizing patterns
- How to learn and memorize music faster
- straight and swung eighth note rhythms
- How to play along with another person
What you’ll get:
- Access to 5 video lessons
- 6 PDFS, with each example written in tab
- Me playing each example at different tempos, demonstrating straight eighth & swung rhythms
- Me providing the rhythm part so YOU can play along, at different tempos and rhythms.
You will be provided access to 5 videos, averaging between 17-25 minutes in length. I will demonstrate each example, at different tempos. I will also provide rhythm guitar so you can play the main part. we will cover playing each exercise with straight eights and swung. You will also be provide 6 PDFs, written in guitar tab.