Green Hills Guitar Studio offers music lessons to both individuals and groups of all sizes. If you’re interested in an intensive group learning experience to jumpstart your guitar playing and songwriting or work on your skills with like-minded musicians in a cooperative setting, contact us for more information.
Guitar & songwriting workshops for creatives, teams, and organizations in Nashville, TN
We offer custom workshops for songwriters, teams, and organizations. Each workshop is 2-4 hours long. Check out the offerings below:
Learn creative thinking, active listening, and collaboration skills for today’s workplace in our songwriting workshop. This workshop is meant for groups looking for a team-building experience or collaboration and innovation skills. This workshop is perfect for groups of 8-10.
Your team will learn:
- active listening
- empathy and compassion
- creative care for idea generation
- respect for the creative process
- fostering a nurturing and holistic workplace
- building a safe environment for new ideas and innovation
- leadership as facilitation of growth
- revealing the most important outcomes and motivations
- intentional communication and listening
- breaking down hierarchies
- learning non-linear thinking for innovation
Contact Shane for more information on how a songwriting workshop can help your corporate or organizational team grow creatively and learn to innovate.
Meant for songwriters and creatives who want to sharpen their creative skills and grow in their collaborative and co-writing efforts, these workshops bring together creative thinking, communication, and songwriting skills to help creatives recharge.
We all get stuck. We all hit a wall. This meetup is about addressing the issues that get us stuck, and keep us there.
These workshops are about learning how to build multifaceted skills:
- Open to those who sing and write lyrics but don’t play an instrument, or musicians who want to start writing lyrics
- Learning to write to a tagline or single idea
- Moving from verse to chorus, or vice versa
- Basic music theory
- Melodic writing
- Picking up on someone else’s idea and offering options and solutions
- Understanding how to set up song sections (chorus, bridge, verse)
- Using musical devices (harmony, rhythm, melodic tones to set up and resolve sections)
This isn’t a critique or listening/performance opportunity. This is about the process of writing, exploring and finishing songs. It will be a safe, constructive and open environment. No judgment, no anxiety, no pressure.
No guitar experience necessary. Bring your skills and an openness to trying new things.
Contact Shane for more information on customizing a workshop for your songwriting group.
Meetups and group workshops
We are currently offering several guitar, songwriting and music theory workshops. They typically meet once a week for 4-6 weeks. We have also been offering one-time meetups on a particular subject. So far, we have delved into the process of songwriting, the creative process and getting un-stuck as well as music theory and beginning guitar. To receive updates and info, you can subscribe to our newsletter here as well as checking our events calendar.
Fill out the form below for more information about guitar workshops, or visit our music lessons page to find out more about individual guitar, piano, voice, or bass lessons.