Have you always wanted to learn to play guitar but don’t know where to start?
Are you overwhelmed by all of the guitar videos and courses online that seem a bit too complicated or advanced for you?
Do you love music but find yourself thinking you aren’t talented enough to learn guitar?
Are you looking for a new, fun and meaningful hobby?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, then this course is perfect for you. This Absolute Beginner’s Guitar Course shows you the fundamental skills needed to play guitar. EVERYBODY can learn how to play guitar, they just have to find the right instructor and the right method. You’ll be able to follow this course at your own pace and in your home from anywhere in the world.
In this Absolute Beginner’s Guitar Course, you will learn how to:
- Read guitar chord diagrams.
- How to hold a guitar while maintaining good posture and comfort
- How to practice
- How to hold a guitar pick
- How to strum chords and the correct strings
- How to use a capo
- Build strategies for memorizing chords and seeing connections between chords
- How to tune your guitar with a tuner and by ear
- Play basic blues riff in E
- Play 18 of the most common open position chords that are used in TONS of your favorite songs
- Play and understand 19 of the most common strum patterns you will find in tens of thousands of songs
- How to count and break down rhythms
- How to read guitar tablature
- How to count and subdivide in multiple time signatures including 4/4, 3/4, 2/4, 12/8 and 6/8. No more guessing and hoping it all just magically works out
- Play 10 chord progressions, organized with chords that often go together in songs, in these very keys. These chord progressions and exercises will also build gradually, so we will work to improve your skill set and prepare you to play the music YOU like and want to play. This course is progressive and will build on the previous lesson in an organized and linear way.
- How to play 8 songs I have charted out myself
- Build your left and right hand strength and independence
- Read Guitar Tab
- How to break down and conquer challenging sections of a song or chord progression; essentially HOW to learn.
- How to transition smoothly between chords. This is a HUGE frustration for beginning and more experienced guitarists.
I will provide you with:
- 12 videos for the open position chord progressions
- 8 PDFs AND videos of songs with ALL instruction, tips and strum patterns included
- 4 videos on developing left and right hand independence
- Many tips on hand position, picking, strumming and chord transitions
- A daily practice routine that will help you be organized and intentional with your practice time, which guarantees results in a shorter time frame than you would think!
- An introduction to reading Nashville Number System Charts. This is a great way for you to organize and write charts for songs on your own!
See what our students have to say about us!
“Shane Lamb is an outstanding musician and an excellent guitar instructor. He has helped me take my playing to the next level and improved my skills tremendously. Shane has tailored lessons for the style that I like to play, which is helping me to reach my personal goals. He has greatly improved my knowledge of music theory, guitar technique and songwriting. I recommend Green Hills Guitar Studio for all ages and levels of experience.”
“Not only is Shane a great guitarist, he’s also a great teacher and person as well! My guitar playing and skill has improved far faster and better than I could imagine and I’m really enjoying myself. Shane really teaches the instrument and not just how to play songs. Overall, I’m really pleased with how consistently my abilities are improving.”
“I recently decided to return to playing the guitar after a “break” of over 3 decades. I chose to begin lessons with Shane after researching options. I have been very pleased with Shane’s skills and patience! He really wants the learning experience to be enjoyable and enriching. I would recommend Shane Lamb to anyone of any age and any skill level.”