Bass guitar instructor Tim Marks has extensive experience as a session musician and performer. Originally from Detroit, he has lived in Nashville since 2002 and worked for a multitude of artists and producers across many styles.
Recording credits include Taylor Swift, Luke Combs, Lionel Richie, Jewel, John Oates, Will Hoge, and Will Kimbrough.
Tim is available for a limited number of online/virtual students. If you want to play like a pro, learn from a pro!
Bass Areas of Study Include:
- Learning the fingerboard and getting around the bass smoothly: harmony, scales, and chord structure
- Reading Charts & the Nashville Number System
- Bass lines from records to build your vocabulary
- Various styles and their benchmark recordings/bass lines -building your own great bass lines for songs
- Getting a good sound on the bass
- Gig preparation
- How to get the most out of your practice time
- Bass gear/equipment and use of effects
- Recording bass